Scholarships and scholarship amounts are greater in other countries than in Turkey. HEC has a close relationship with other countries and offers scholarship opportunities to Turkish students each year for them to study abroad. As an example, I would like to tell you more about the Master Researching Scholarship supported by HEC.
The Purpose of the Coverage
This scholarship is available to you if you are a teacher who has chosen her/his Thesis topic, an instructor, or a research assistant, and you continue your master’s education.
The Application Requirements
- You must be a Turkish citizen and continue to work as a professor, instructor, or research assistant in one of the Turkish universities.
- You should be an excellent student
- You must have proof that you were admitted to do research on your topic in a foreign institution.
You also need:
- You can prove your language proficiency by taking the Interuniversity Council Foreign Language Exam or Governmental Staff Language Exam (at least 60 points) or international equivalents. The Researcher Breeding Council or the instructors evaluate the applications of higher education corporations with languages other than English, German, or French.
- You must prove that you have no military obligations. You should have completed your military service, or you should postpone it.
Maximum three months. Researchers who wish to extend their education can get permission for a maximum of three months. The rectorships and the Higher Education Council must first give permission. The rectorship must sign an agreement to recover any money that was awarded if the agreement is not respected.
- Curriculum Vitae and fieldwork of the researcher.
- The offer letter for the Turkish University Rectorship
- The form for a chase to find out about the researcher who has been sent abroad.
- The decision of the Turkish Faculty’s management board
- The Master Thesis document.
- The document that certifies proficiency in a second language.
- This document confirms that you are eligible to conduct research at a foreign university.
- Document a study plan that was approved by an in-country consultant.
The monthly payment of the scholarship will be determined by the rectorship. Payment includes travel costs to and away from the destination country. The foreign country’s laws determine the amount of health insurance assistance.
After the foreign education, the bursar must return to work within 15 days. The bursar must give a duplicate of the report on his/her studies for master’s education to Turkish rectorship. The rectorship sends a copy to the Higher Education Council. Bursars who do not return are considered to have resigned. In this situation, the agreement document will be enforced again and legal action may be taken to recover any awarded amount.
Scholarships for study abroad are available in other countries
- Doctorate Research Fellowship (from Higher Education Council of Turkey
- The Doctorate Research Fellowship (from the Higher Education Council of Turkey).
- Scholarships are placed under the Turkish Government’s orders by foreign governments. (from the Ministry of National Education).
- Master Research Scholarships (from TSTRI).
- Doctorate Research Scholarships (from TSTRI).
- After Doctorate Research Scholarship